I wanted to relate a few of my recent experiences with Pnuma , a new high end hunting clothing company. It is pricey like Kuiu, Sitka and First Lite and has basically no track record since it just started doing business a few months ago. The thing that interested me in the company was its lifetime guarantee on its clothing.

I had some questions about Pnuma's rain gear so I sent out an email to the company Friday night of Labor Day weekend. I figured I would get a response sometime the following week but I received an email later that night from the company VP. The same VP replied promptly to some followup questions I had on Saturday and told me I could contact him directly if I had any other concerns. This impressed me.

I ordered Pnuma's Selkirk raingear and when it arrived it came packaged in a free waterproof gear bag which was a nice touch. My first impressions of the jacket and pants - high quality, quiet, durable, well thought out, excellent tailoring, sizing dead on. The gear has a sturdy comfortable feel to it. I consider it mid weight. It is light enough to hump around in in mild weather. But if I layer under it I can bow or gun hunt deer from a stand in the the mid 30s cold drizzly weather I hate to hunt in.

Yesterday I accidentally ripped a small hole in the bottom back of the jacket which made me sick. I called the company today about the tear and I was politely given a RA number to return the jacket for repair or replacement. The expected turnaround time is about a week. I was never even asked how the rip happened.

I am extremely impressed with Pnuma so far.