Originally Posted by southtexas
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by southtexas
Question for the experts. I have a new-to-me p64 264.

Once fired, neck sized cases will not chamber. And there is brass shaved off of the one side of the case just ahead of the belt. If I carefully rotate the brass before chambering, it will chamber at some orientations and will not chamber at others.

Am I correct in assuming that the chamber is out of round?

Has the rifle been re-barreled????

No. it appears to be an all original FWT. Which presents the obvious conundrum of altering a fairly valuable collector piece to make it a good shooter.

I've never seen an original pre 64 model 70 with an "out of round" chamber. This is the reason I asked if it was re-barreled. I'm thinking you may want to look at your sizing process and not just assume it's an out of round chamber or anything else wrong with the rifle. Have you checked it with any precision measuring instruments. Try some small hole gauges or telescoping gauge and check for yourself to see if it has an anomaly such as an out of round chamber. Like I said, it's highly unlikely that the chamber would have an issue like this seeing how it is a pre 64 model 70....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA