From another Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer: "I had a doctor's appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions: 1. Did I feel stressed? 2. Did I feel threatened? 3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?"

Went to the VA for the first time a few months ago. Had the very same questions asked of me. Answered "No" to each. I then proceeded to ask the nurse (Male) by what specific authority, regulation or law, he was directed to ask those questions. He stammered and had no reply. I proceeded to let him know that I had come for a medical exam, not a MENTAL exam, and that I expected that within 48hr after this appointment that I expected a response from the VA citing the authority, regulation or law that directed the questions. To date I haven't heard back.

On my last VA visit, I had the same male nurse. He didn't ask me any questions other than the purpose of my visit.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.