I have a pair of No1 and had two others in the past. it seems the key to future sales is adding new calibers. In my case at least, I have or had enough that it would take something a bit unique to get my attention. I also have two 1885's. I would like a fifty.

I can think of two for the No1. First on my list would be the 500NE. I think that would sell, just as a collector item and a novelty and because it is probably the biggest round that will fit in the No1. Hornady loads ammo. It has a good history in Africa and was chambered in single shots that looked like the No1. I mean historically accurate.

I would also look seriously at a 500 S&W magnum. I dont have a revolver, but; they seem to be very popular. The X frame S&W are found in most local shops. Having the option to get a rifle might be the last push for me to get a smith and a ruger. I think, the 500 mag would make a heck of a rifle. I am really hope this 500 mag is a good idea for a No1.

Either of these would be 'different' and new in a No1. I also like the idea of a rimmed round in a single shot. In a big or medium 50, sub MOA accuracy is not important as it would be in 17 to 30 caliber option.

Winchester and Sharps chambered big 50 in the day. I think one of those might go over well in an 1885. Maybe 2 1/2 inch sharps. There is modern brass for that. No factory ammo.

What do you guys think? The 50 seems to be a popular round in baewolf, BMG, X frame modern world. How an old school single shot?