So, I sold a Win 70 XTR FWT .30-06 to a fellow Campfire member on our Classifieds last week. His funds arrived. His FFL prefers FedEx Ground for firearms shipments because they actually honor damage/insurance claims. This morning I take the packaged and pre-paid labeled rifle down to the ONLY FedEx Ground shipping store in the area for at least a 60 mile radius.

I shipped a rifle from there last week, and no problems. TODAY, I go in and there's a different guy there. He looks at the address and asks "Is this a gun?" I say yes. He says he can't ship guns with FedEx Ground anymore; that it's against the law. I say that I think he's mistaken, that I've shipped several in the last 6 months via FedEx Ground and have received some that way also.

I asked for the other guy that I've dealt with in the past. He's not there, or off or something. We have several more words and he won't even scan the package into his system.

He says the only way he can ship it is Express, which would have been over $120. I've already paid $39.33 in shipping and insurance charges for this package, and I AIN'T gonna pay any more. I'm not backing down.

He finally tells me that if I removed a part from the rifle so that it couldn't be fired that he could ship it. I tell him that the bolt is out of the rifle. He says that isn't good enough, since it's still in the package. I'm not removing a part from the rifle and shipping it separately.

We stand there and stare at each other for a bit longer. He says that he will give the package to the FedEx driver and he has to tell him that it's a gun, and if the driver will accept it, that he'll scan it in. I agreed to that, hoping that the driver was reasonable. He said he'd call me if the driver wouldn't take it. So, now I'm waiting to see if the package will go or not.

Anybody else had this kind of BS problem from FedEx????

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)