I'm 58. I started late in hunting. Newer technologies to me are things that were not available prior to say 1980.

10) Poly-Pro Underwear. I fought the first 10 seasons in cotton thermal and wool union suits.
9) Modern Compound bows. I spent my first 10 bow seasons with a Martin Cougar Magnum. Yikes!
8) ATV's. They chase all the deer onto my property.
7) Insulated waterproof boots
6) Cell Phone -- I never have to worry about being unable to call for help.
5) Compact FRS Walkie Talkies
4) The LED flashlight. I started with a 6V lantern.
3) Rifle Scope technology-- I have never spent all that much on a scope. However, comparing a $30 scope from the mid-80's to a $65 Bushnell Banner of today is miraculous.
2) The all-metal buddy ladder stand.
1) The Internet.

When I look at what the Internet has done to my hunting experience, it's incredible.

1) Weather reports and radar right in the stand
2) Hunting Licenses online
3) Telecheck results at my fingertip
4) Topo maps and Google Earth
5) Amazon, Grafs, Midway, Sportsmans Guide
6) Electronic books to read in the stand, most of them free
7) Reloading data online
8) Telepresence: I've repaired servers and fixed phone systems from the deer blind.
9) My weblog.
10) The 24Hour Campfire

Let me just say this about the latter. Y'all don't know how much the 'Campfire has meant to me. I was a real DIY'er when it came to hunting. No one else around me hunted. I spent the first 20 years trying to learn from magazines and books. I had some decent successes before 2001, but I still had my head filled with mush on a lot of things. Between the old shooters.com and here, I have really felt I found my mentors and my companions.

It's one thing to hunt and shoot. However, it's another thing entirely to have folks to share it with. My sons are coming online now as mature men and mature hunters and shooters, so I will have real corporeal companions going forward, but you all made a lonely pursuit a lot less lonely over the years.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer