1500fps might be pushing it. One way to find out in your particular gun...

Impossible to say if they are optimally sized for your gun without knowing what your throat diameter is. (Groove diameter is nowhere near as important as having the bullets properly fit the throat.)

Were it me, and I didn't know my throat diameter, I would load a few and see what happens. But, I would use 5-6 grains Red Dot, Bullseye, Clays, etc. for barely sonic loads, and get twice the number of shots per pound of powder. The paper targets and tin cans won't know the difference.

How do you plan to get them into your cases without shaving lead? RCBS, Lyman both make dies with which to bell case mouths. In a pinch you can cut a heavy chamfer in the case mouth to help ease the bullets in, but that's a stop gap approach. There are ways to bell the case mouth involving mundane tools. Use your ingenuity. Adjust your seating die to erase the bell (you only need to make it big enough to allow easy seating of the bullet, don't get carried away), or to crimp. Crimping may not be necessary- I would try them without a crimp first and see what happens. People tend to get crimp-happy.

Also, a standard .308 expanding ball is too small for optimal use if these bullets are .309-.311 diameter. Again, try it, but you may want to spring for a proper size expander ball for your die. Stuffing a too big bullet into a case can cause the (lead) bullet to be swaged down slightly in diameter which does no good for accuracy, and can actually induce barrel leading due to now being undersize. Remember, cast bullets need to start out straight and tight into the rifling. Monkeying with them and cutting corners never results in optimal accuracy.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 10/30/16.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty