Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Took out a propane fireplace and replaced it with this. One of the best things we have ever done.

[Linked Image]

It's a blowtorch isn't it? My wife complains about the sound of the fan when she's sitting next to it so we don't get full heat output from it. But that's not a bad thing, as it almost puts out too much heat unless you throttle it way back.

The fan is a bit loud but I am half deaf anyways so the tv is turned up so loud I can't hear the fan. lol

The house really wasn't designed for this large of output in the living room. It will plum run you out quick ,fast and in a hurry. I have been sitting on the couch and thought, man it is warm in here and looked over at the stat and it was almost 90*. Of course the Wife is warm and toasty which is all the that matters anyway. We do have a large overhead fan that does help push out the air somewhat but the north end of the house where the bedrooms are gets a little cool in the winter. I am trying to come up with a plan that allows a thermostat down the hall. I asked about moving the main thermostat but since it is over the main return, I have been advised not to move it.

I also thought about just turning on the fan and letting the air circulate which sounded good in theory but in practical application, all it did was blow cold air on me when I was in bed. Oh well, back to the drawing board.