Originally Posted by Tim_B

bellydeep: what pack would you suggest? I was going to go MR but everyone has the medium frameand I imagine I'm going to measure out for a small frame so don't want to drop $300-400 then have something that doesn't fit quite right

I've really been liking my Kuiu Icon Pro 1850 for day hunts the last couple years. It is light and very compact. Once you shoot something it's easy to pull the bag away from the frame, slide the meat in, and cinch it all back down.

I've tried (and sold) a bunch of packs in the last several years. A few models of Badlands, a couple Eberlestocks, a Blacks Creek, and a Sitka.

I've kept my MR packs because they are super quality (tough!) and do a decent job. They are kind of my 'ol trusty. But they are heavy and unnecessary for most day hunts.

I haven't carried the MR on a day hunt since I bought the Kuiu and have not lusted after another day pack since (which says a lot because I'm kind of a pack fanatic).

The Kuiu packs are expensive but they run a 30% off sale a couple times a year. That gets their price down to about $300

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.