Originally Posted by pre64win
I will be bedding a MK V this weekend and will try to take some photos and keep some notes on the process.

As promised, the .257 Wby Mag Accumark bedding project...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

For this bedding project, I used Devcon Plastic Steel (Putty). I used electrical tape to mask areas of the action where I wanted to create small clearances in the bedding (e.g. front of recoil lug, barrel, etc) and masking tape to protect any areas of inletting I did not want any bedding. For a release agent I used an Evercote product made for use when doing a gel-coat fiberglass job. This is a water-soluble release agent that (in my opinion) gives a better result than using grease.

HEAVILY coat your entire action with the release agent. This is critical. If you fail to use enough release agent, the best thing that will happen is you will have a terrible clean-up job ahead of you to get cured epoxy off of your action. A much worse outcome is that your action will be locked solid into your stock. This is a very real possibility, so don't forget to use lots of release agent!

[Linked Image]

The stock was fully masked except in the areas to be bedded, and those areas were prepped (roughed) using a rotary tool.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

After thoroughly mixing the epoxy, I laid a very heavy layer into the areas to be bedded. You want too much rather than not enough, so mix plenty of epoxy for your bedding job.

[Linked Image]

Continued below...