Originally Posted by shaman
Well, there are rules and there are rules. As I understand it, this is a contest where the winner is the guy who enters the buck with the shortest rack, right? A 4 inch spike is probably out of the running. A button buck is a bit too small.

Ingwe is the final judge. He decides who wins and loses. You have to convince him or else there isn't even an entry, let alone an honorable mention.

All this can be moderated by bribes to the Poobs. He's not going to allow a blantant doe or a 10-point rack as the winner, but if you submit your 2-inch spike and include the right whiskey as a bribe, you might get in the running.

Is this correct, or am I missing something? I have to say, I've not been really attentive. To date, I've made only one entry. It was a six inch forker, that I accidentally shot a couple of years ago. I got an honorable mention for the hat I was wearing. That is the extent of my experience with the contest. Normally, the bucks we take are in the hatrack-to-chandelier variety. Factory 30-06 ammo bounces off.

Shaman, while your understanding of this time honored contest is fairly accurate, it leads to concern that you are under the impression that "bribes" are necessary to get a favorable score from Poobah. It also concernes me that you believe mere whiskey is an adequate source of compensation. Please consider the tenuous situation the Grand Poobah is in while scrutinizing all these entries. It tends to make one very thirsty. We're talking VERY thirsty here. Mere whiskey is not enough. Voluminous amounts of beer are also needed to slake his thirst. We're talking semi trailer loads here. Also, while he's isolated in his lair pouring over all the entries, female companionship is quite appreciated. So please keep this in mind as you consider what gratuities to bestow upon the Poobs. Along with your entry, please remit increased ammounts of alocohol, and the entire Swedish Performance Bikini Team. In lieu of that, simple cash will work too............

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla