Originally Posted by Scott F

Never do any of that and never had a problem. Once again, your OS is the problem.

Not everyone wants to put up with all the quirkiness of Linux & most here would have difficulty getting it up & running.

Besides, if your computer & Windows (or Mac) are set up correctly, there is not much of an issue unless you just want to run Linux to be different & think of yourself as a "purist", but when it does work, it can work well; I've used it from time to time.

Been running windows since it began on multiple computers with no real issues........ a hiccup now & then but nothing serious.

Lots of people do lot of things wrong & have no clue other than turning a computer on & off.

Originally Posted by RJL53
Don't like anything Norton puts out, his crap is next to impossible to remove if you don't want it and it loads a lot of unwanted crap that you never see.

Not really, at least not with any of the more recent versions. I'm not using it right now, but the newest versions of Norton AntiVirus or 360 have a small footprint & are very effective. My biggest issue with them is that all their customer service & support is in India & that can either be OK or really bad sometimes.

The Norton Power Eraser that I recommended above, is a single purpose standalone & will only run on command.........it's a very powerful tool for use on problem computers.

As of right now, I use Webroot, MalwareBytes, Super-AntiSpyware & a couple of other specifically tasked programs such as NPE mentioned above..........on 6 computers.

MM