I made a point of using powders that didn't cause operational issues in my BR3, short stick powders were mostly OK, but had to be mindful of them. For the most part I was loading 760 or AA9, both worked excellently. But, I only use them for varmint rounds or in the Schuetzen rifles, where I am loading at the range or loading 100rds+ at a shot. For hunting rounds and small batches up to 50rds with stick powders, I use a scale and Lee dippers. I have a Chargemaster, very nice to use with stick powders,but, not really necessary, it is an extravagance. I always load from a LH block of prepped & primed brass to a Rh empty block, when it is full, I load from it to another empty block, checking each round for powder before seating a bullet.
You develop a feel with a powder thrower, you can feel an inconsistent throw and cull it right there. I can throw very consistently with all but the longer stick powders, that is why I don't use them in a thrower. It is easier to use the scale or the Chargemaster on those.