its a shame that a lot are not your friend these days. Maybe I'm lucky that I know quite a few current and retired.
To a T, they all say never let the searches happen. Ever. And never communicate more than you have to, to say, nope, not talking, speak to my attorney.

I grill my wife on this all the time, as I don't want her setup for anything etc...that would prompt me to sort the situation out correctly after the fact.

Respect yes, but past the point of i"m going to give you the benefit of the doubt to start with, as soon as you start talking you then have to earn the right for me to keep the respect going.

Then again, try to answer a simple question of like where are you headed tonight with out, or none of your business or what does that have to do with this interaction and see what an attitude a lot of them will get.

Long backstory once.. I'm local fire/ems volunteer, know most all the locals... got stopped for speeding once, on the way to hospital to take moms car, dad just had a heart attack, and I says, yes, it was on cruise about 7 or so over, wife following me on same and cruise...

Nope you were doing 90something... nope not me, guy got really agitated adn then more or less said I know you, DUH, slow it down... he clearly clocked the wrong vehicle... but you are never right and they are never wrong.

I'm GLAD I know a lot of good ones!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....