Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by gunner500
Lots of old winos BH, not so many old dopers, I know some hillbilly potheads too, have some as neighbors, and have told them the same thing, you all get those bears in choppers on my ass, you're gonna have trouble, DO NOT plant any of that chit on my land, plus alcohol is legal, dope is not.

I have and will again break the law concerning alcohol, saw some clean cut [read soldiers] young men loitering around a liquor store parking lot one night, I was there as a customer, on my way to the truck I walked over and ask them if they were having car trouble, no Sir, we want to buy some beer.

I asked to see the military ID's, sure enough, I told him to put his money back in his pocket and went back in and bought em a couple 30 packs of beer, anyone that will suit up and fight for this country is man enough to have a cold beer when he returns in my book, 21 years old or not. smile

Good for you Jerry....

in my home state of Virginia, when I was getting out of High School, drinking age was 21... however if some had a military ID, they could buy alcohol if they were under 21.. VA honored those who served, and figured that made them adult enough....

That was a big irony in those days in a lot of states...

you couldn't buy a beer at 18, but you certainly were able to be drafted and sent to Vietnam...

Isn't that some crazy chit? you're man enough to take a bullet for the country, but not man enough to have a cold beer if you live through it? mad

Trump Won!