so my guess is you are referring to the the second focal plane 3.5-15 model NXS? if you are that is the scope I use on my best rifle. its a bat machine action 243 AI, the reticle is the MOAR. I can't think of a better long range hunting scope than that scope. YES its heavy and a bit clunky for the job. YES I wish to H E LL nightforce would loose the windage big ole turret and offer it with a low profile capped turret. but the zero stop is the best in the business and the MOAR reticle is perfect for wind hold offs. for a 10mph full value wind its simply my range divided in half, so for 400 its 2 MOA, for 600 its 3 moa, for 800 its 4 moa, etc. simple and easy to even keep in your mind. those same wind holds should work for other major calibers roughly.

the scope is very forgiving to get behind and has plenty of optical quality to hunt in any legal light situation. coyotes at dusk in sage brush=no problem if your up to even being able to find them. The scope is great at low power settings and with the SFP reticle its very easy to see at low power unlike a FFP scope. my longest kill is 991 on a coyote, the scope had plenty of power to get the job done.

my best group is 2 3/4" at 800 yards numerous sub half minute groups at beyond 500 yards. I have ran cheaper scopes on this gun and despite being higher powered I shoot better groups with the NXS. doesn't need illumination infact I have never used it. I have never adjusted the zero on that rifle since I bought the scope like 5 years ago. The gun is always dead on at 200 yard every time I check it on paper.

you want to cure scope problems, tracking issues, and lack of features, this scope is the using a sledge hammer to kill a fly scope. and for me once your done with leupold BS nightforce will be extracting more and more money from you as the years go by.