I had a awesome time hunting with you guys Ben!

What Ben forgot to add is that young Jace had nerves of steel at the moment of truth. Jace and I were about 300 yds from Ben and his mother glassing the country when I heard the sound of elk trotting off. [bleep]!!! For those of you that have hunted elk before, you can often hear them blowing out of the country. When I turned around, I was relieved to see that it was his mother waving her arms over her head, it was obvious that they had spotted some.

I quickly told Jace to chamber a round in his custom mouser, and the training Ben gave him the day before had paid off when he worked with with authority.

After a 100 yard dash, we dumped down over a hill side to get a view of the deep box canyon that his mother pointed us to and instantly saw elk filtering out. I let out a couple attempted cow calls to try to get them to stop, but the were not liking it. They finally put the brakes on at around 307 yds and one of them turned broadside and i kicked out the bog-pod for Jace.

While his mother and I were looking at the elk, I could hear him, intentionally take a moment to control his breathing and wait until he had the right sight picture and then Boom/THWAPPP. He handled himself like he'd been hunting elk for 50 years, not 50 minutes! Perfect double lung shot. Ben had been very confident in the 120 grn BT, but I was not a believer until I saw the proof, it performed swimmingly.

Ben- Here is the video of those wolves, I'm sure the hillside will look familiar to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbC2FhK4P9g

Last edited by jmgraham1986; 11/26/16.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation