Ok, so I'm stuck waiting on material for a paying job so I went after this some more today.

Here's my setup for milling the bolt for an M16 extractor. The crux of the thing (as far as I'm seeing it now) is turning it exactly 90 degrees to drill the retaining pin hole. That's actually kind of a bitch.

So.... I matched the height of the groove in my homemade "jo blocks" to the centerline height of one of my indexers.... pulled the shroud/pin from the bolt.... screwed my threaded arbor into it..... which is then grabbed by the collet in the indexer. So after milling the slot and pocket, I can just loosen the jaws on the Kurt and rack the indexer and violá! 90 degrees.

Matching the height exactly is a tiresome iterative process and not for the impatient.

I thought of a couple other ways to do this but they were finicky and involved more "eyeball" than I like, and were less rigid. This *should* be damn near a production-level solution. Which is great since I'm doing a total of (1) of these. grin

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!