Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by gunner500
Hell of a job Elk!!!!!, many congrats buddy, nice animals and all shots looked to be placed correctly.

You are now scheming on a return, no? ;]
Nope,the springbok I hit through the back legs after missing it about 20 minutes earlier. The shot you see is the finisher.

The oryx I hit in the guts just in front of the hindquater,the next shot I called it in the shoulder,it went high above the spine. That's sweat on my shirt as we followed it for an hour at a fast walk. When dusk arrived,finally got some more shots into it. Overall I hit 4 times and the PH hit it twice when it was all over. Animals are tough when you muck up the first shot. smirk

Yes,going back for eland and sable in 2-3 years.

SLM,yes some do eat lion.After she was skinned she was put in a cooler. No meat is wasted from any animal killed.

Funny you mention that. I shot my gemsbok right where I meant to...only to have it still on its feet 10 minutes later.
It was the only shot I had after 3 full days of chasing them.
Crazy tough animals!
For some reason oryx give me "buck fever." Was 25 yds away from the lioness,I was calm,cool,collected,but oryx give me the shakes. Go figure.

Say so because Friday morning,we got on a herd and after getting on the sticks the PH decided to get closer. Well,while getting closer my hands started shaking uncontrollably. I tapped the PH on the shoulder and showed him my shaking hands. He just smiled. The evening before I missed another oryx at the range of 70 yds or so. Shot right over it. Which is why the PH wanted to get closer to the oryx on Friday morning.

While chasing the wounded oryx I decided that hunting oryx will be out of a while. I can do without "buck fever." smirk

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken