My 7 year old daughter killed a toe head with my ruger American predator in 6.5 creedmoor at 277yds in youth season and since I gave my oldest a rifle last year after telling her she could hunt with my rifle until she killed a deer then it was her rifle now the youngest is wanting my creedmoor. The problem is it's a full length rifle with 22" barrel and standard stock. Got a compact stock on the way but wanting to shorten the barrel to 18" but hadn't seen any creedmoors running that short of a barrel? Has anyone seen or ran a short barrel in 6.5 creedmoor? If so how much did it affect it? Would like to be comfortable taking a 400 yd shot with it. She watched and spotted for me to get a buck with same gun at 461 yds. Now that being said she is not your typical 7 year old girl when it comes to hunting and shooting, she practices a lot and if the animal don't cooperate she don't try to push the shot. She understands the difference between a good clean kill and wounding one. So I don't want to limit her or the gun if shortening it 4" will kill the performance of it. Please share your input.

Lifetime Christian

NRA Lifetime Member

Had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Your 9mm should expand but my 45 wont shrink.