Hi, I apologize in advance if the questions are redundant to the many you get. I just purchased a Model 99 through a co worker. I think I have it narrowed a 1954 model by the serial number and the stamp on lever boss, the serial #746567 I think the stamp read ( 1 3 F ) or (L 3 F). Pistol grip with steel shoot gun butt plate, with checkering on the forearm grip and stock, 24" barrel, the question I have is was Variant of the model. Do I have 99EG? , seems very common. I'm not sure what it really is though. Also one of the other things I was curious about was the lever is not color case hardened, just blued, so I don't know when they stopped color case on the lever, or if this has been reblued. I think I got a decent deal on it although. I'm not super worried about it, as I have always admired that model and now have one. I would say it is in very good shape though. I paid $475 for it. I tried to add some pictures of it, but I can't get them to load. I would love your thoughts and am looking forward to your response. Please let me know if i can give you all any more information. Thanks Tom