Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
Always thought a NULA would be fun but on the other hand a OOB remingth sent to hill country rifles would be just as accurate but a fraction of the cost. Any other ideas on how to spend my $$?

I have versions of both (ULA and a Hill Country built on a titanium action). The choice largely depends on preference in feel. The ULA is much more svelte in my hands, even though both are similar in finished weight. Accuracy is largely a moot point between the two. My Ti isn't built on a Remington action, for what that's worth. I have a pile of Remington Ti's that I also really like. The custom rifles are not any more capable in the field than the factory Ti's, but that's not really the point. If it were me, I'd go NULA and never look back. You're already leaning in that direction and I highly doubt you'll be disappointed in one of Melvin's rifles. They also hold value a lot better, if that matters.

How much does a NULA cost and how much does the Tikka T3 cost? I know the Tikka comes in under $700. If you loose 1/4 value you loose a couple hundred. If you enjoyed the rifle you don't loose anything. Chalk it up to rent. If you loose a 1/4 on the NULA, how much is that?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter