Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by atse
please disregard the village idiot,especially the whole last paragraph that he wrote. If you hold for wind a ffp works on any power, unlike a sfp scope.

umm ok someone asked a question I gave them an answer now I am the village idiot? sorry your having a bad day. I would simply say if your using wind hold offs on a 3-15x scope your going to be at MAX power anyways. especially so with the 3x9. the videos below show the very real downsides of FFP. I said where they can work and I said where they don't and why. instead of calling someone a village idiot why not learn something. again my scopes sit on lowest power and only are increased when needed.

fast forward to the 5 minute mark. I would also add I looked at this scope at a trade show (because I really really wish I could like it!) I held the scope up to a brown curtain in the trade show and the reticle washed out on the curtain in a freaking trade show!!

ok here is a video of the 3x9 SS talked about in this thread, fast forward to around the 2 minute mark

look your choice in optic is yours!!! my opinions are mine based on my experience. I don't shoot at a range all that much as such its either hunting or wack that rock on the side of the hill. if I am needing to be precises enough to make a wind hold that is an important one ie shot on an animal. I am going to do it on max power. keeping in mind my scopes that are NOT for load development top out at 14-16x

I think JRraider said he is buying one of these scopes, JG if your reading give us a report, I at least know he isn't such an optics snob to say something sucks even though he may have spent alot of money on it.

that is the problem people spend alot of money on something and they think they have to defend it till the cows come home. I am very much not that way. I am not a fanboy unless it really works.

[/quote]

I too like a reticle I can see on low power. That's why I asked you if you had actually tried the 3X9 SWFA SS. I ordered one because several people told me it is perfectly fine in low light.

What I saw from the video was the thicker outer portions of the reticle being very visible on low power and very possibly being close enough to the center to use them to bracket an animal at close range. If that's the case it's perfectly usable for me since I will zoom if shooting long range.

Also taking into account that the reviewer said twice the reticle looks better in person,and so many positive reviews by actual hunters,I decided to reserve judgement against the reticle until I actually have a chance to use it.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 12/01/16.