I don't know why, but I felt like shooting in 17* weather and don't you know it! As soon as I get loaded up an ready, the very light cloud layer says, lets snow on him! It got pretty good at one point I had to stop long enough till the wind died down enough that I could see my target. Nothing really built up, just a good wind blow snow that opened up to clear blue skies after I went back inside.

Anyway, I wanted to test my flintlock in this weather so I took 70gr Olde Eynsford 2fg charges, .020" patches lubed very thinly with my anti rust patch lube & also my buckskinners lube ( no i do not mix these lubes together lol) , 4fg goex and a freshly cleaned rifle. Had a couple shots get away from me, I think the wind blown snow got into my pan powder as I was charging the rifle and I got a couple very slight delays, but enough to throw me off.

I also got a much better hold on my rifle where I could get a solid cheek/shoulder weld and that really helped me out with flinching and my accuracy greatly improved to where I even shocked myself LOL.
[Linked Image]

Top 4 shots are with my anti rust patch lube ( notice how both groups have a pulled shot? Those were the 2 slight delayed shots I got) Bottom 4 are with my buckskinners patch lube. Rendezvous will be fun next year with a group like that! Now to get practicing shooting that group off hand LOL.
[Linked Image]

Stupid day to go out shooting! My reloading hand got to cold it turned red and swelled up.
[Linked Image]

At no time did I ever take the time to wipe the frizzen/flint or even the pan clean, it was to cold for that crap.
[Linked Image]