Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by GunReader
Sure, just park the stolen car in your attached garage and you're home free?

Can't they enter if they observe evidence of a crime? Here, look at this Go Find Me signal, observe this evidence of a crime. That's no more far-fetched than finding marijuana growing in the close from an infrared signature or finding it hidden out of sight in a vehicle by observing a dog's reaction.

The simple fact is most busy departments can't be bothered with solving property crimes.
I had a conversation with a fellow in a gun shop once who said he found the truck belonging to the robbers who burglarized his home. His neighbor tried to stop them from leaving his home when he figured out he was being burglarized, and was threatened with a firearm, thus converting the burglary into armed robbery. The neighbor, however, got a description and license plate. The homeowner (after already dealing with police) drove through various neighborhoods near his home and found said vehicle in a driveway. He then called the police, expecting them to arrive and make arrests. He said, however, that the police refused to respond. They said, according to this fellow, that they couldn't do anything.

Not sure if I got the whole story, of course, but can anyone think of a reason why (assuming all this was true) cops wouldn't be able to act on the above information?

That is indeed PC enough to get a search warrant.

Getting the agency to pursue the warrant may be the trick...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!