I placed a decent sized order from Kuiu during their 30% off sale this fall, and my neighbor four doors down found the packaging torn open and empty in his front yard. I checked tracking, and it showed as having been delivered to my house. So, someone must have stolen it off my porch, swiped the gear, and dropped the packaging as they were walking away. Not Kuiu's fault and not FedEx's fault.

I was out the money, and to add insult to injury, the 30% off sale is over. Even though it wasn't their fault, I sent Kuiu an email to let them know what happened and to ask what they suggest I do.

After a couple days of email correspondence, I just got a call from the customer service rep (Clarissa) I'd been emailing with, and she told me they are not only going to refund 100% of what I paid, they are going to honor the 30% discount, so I'm going to get all the gear I ordered!

This struck me as so above and beyond that I wanted to let Fire members know about the experience. If you're on the fence about buying something from Kuiu, buy it. It's great gear, and they'll do right by it.