Originally Posted by RipSnort
What is your experience on pests and game with these two rounds? Is the noise level similar between the two? How does the noise compare to air rifles? What rifles have you shot them through? How do you get the CB to feed? Thanks for any light you can shine on these two low-noise rimfire rounds. RS

I've shot thousands of the CB longs, a brick of the Quiet-22 Segmented, and thousands of the CCI .22 Subsonic 40gr HP.

For accuracy, in every .22lr rifle I've tried them in, the CCI .22 Subsonic 40gr HP is the clear winner.
It is as quiet as the CCI Quiet-22 Segmented, louder than the CB Long, and costs the same as either of them.
The Subsonics disappeared for almost two years during the worst of the .22 hoarding, but have reappeared at the same prices I was paying pre-hoarding.

The CB Longs kill as effectively out to 25 yards as any solid RN .22 can. That's where their accuracy really starts to come apart as opposed to the Subsonics. They truly are as quiet as most BB guns when fired from a rifle. They will not reliably cycle any autoloader I've tried them in, so manually working the action is required.

The Quiet-22 Segmented is a big disappointment for me. Not as accurate in any of my rifles as the Subsonics, no quieter than them,
nor do they kill as effectively with body shots to Raccoons and 'Possums. They do cycle the autoloaders I've tried them in.

The bearing surface on the Subsonics is longer than the other two and slightly longer than most 40gr .22lr which allows it to slightly engage the rifling upon chambering.

I ran out of CCI Green Tag long ago and the Subsonics have taken the place for my target shooting and varmint control around the house.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell