I have a few Contender Barrel Questions and would like to get the Fire's Family's opinions on these...

1. If you take a 14" 45-70 hunter with factory loads vs. a 14" 44 Mag Hunter with factory loads, which one has more felt perceived recoil? I have fired a 35 Rem in both braked and non-braked barrels and to me, the 35 Remington has less recoil than a 44 Mag in either a braked or non braked config... I have read that a 45-70 has less recoil shooting typical 300gr factory loads vs a 44 mag shooting either 300 gr or some of the 300-400 grain cast loads due to the fact the 45-70 shooting rifle powder burns slower and has a larger case therefore having less build-up of pressure. I seek the opinion of those who have actually fired both in equal barrel configs to answer this

2. Do you think the barrel quality is not the same since S&W took over T/C? So in asking this, would it be better to find a good, used TC barrel made by the original stand-alone TC factory vs a newer S&W made barrel?

3. Do you think a barrel from a third party manufacturer such as Match Grade Machine, Bullberry, SSK or EA Brown is of higher quality and accuracy typically than original TC or current S&W TC factory made barrels?

4. What do you think of using a 357 Mag with a good quality 158gr or heavier bullet or a 10MM with a 175gr or heavier bullet for deer? I know the 41 Mag and 44 Mag would technically be better, but if you can shoot the 357 or 10MM better, what say you all?

Look forwarded to the responses. Have a Merry Christmas and Blessed New Years Campfire Family