[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I slipped off work a little early on Friday to take my oldest daughter hunting. She's been with me dozens of times since she was 4 and has seen me kill at least 15 deer (mainly does). She's 8 now and about 2 weeks ago, she decided that she was ready to pull the trigger herself. She has been shooting a 22 for 3 years and has shot this Model 7 243 a few times with reduced loads.
So Friday, we went to a food plot where my dad had seen a few does and yearlings earlier in the week. I was just hoping to get a shot at one of the does. We set up on the ground about 35 yds back from the plot and made a makeshift blind where she could prop the gun on a set of shooting sticks that I carry. We had been there only 20 mins when I heard a couple of deer moving around to the east. I thought I heard a grunt but couldn't be sure. As the deer got closer, we also heard a deer to the west that sounded like it was rubbing a tree. Shortly a doe popped into the plot, but before she could get the gun on her, a big mature 6 point ran in and chased her off. I quickly grunted a couple times and waited. 5 mins later, this 10 point trotted into the plot from the west and I bleated with my mouth to stop him at about 80 yards. My daughter quickly found him in the crosshairs and I reached up to click the safety off. I asked if she had it on the shoulder and she said yea daddy. She asked if she should shoot and I said if you have it on the shoulder, go ahead. At the crack of the gun, the deer flopped and the celebration began. 19 3/4" wide and 185 lbs. The 80 gr GMX hit right at the base of the neck, just in front of the shoulder blade.