Have used them in several calibers and at least the Rem. Horn. & Sierras all seemed to perform really consistently.

Some of this is they were the old style Corelockt which were a little tuffer and the other companies had similar jackets. The fact that typically the bullets were mid to heavy for caliber an ran slower probably helped.

John "Pondoro" Taylor was a big fan of the "blue nose" Kynoch loads and also thought that terminal performance was more consistent with them. It should be as it is an old design that has had lots of time to perfect.

I would not feel handicapped at all out to 300 yards or so if I was limited only to round nose slugs.

That said I loaded a bunch of Horn. 160 6.5s and at least two writers have called them one of the most inconsistent bullets they have used. No idea why as ones shot in test media looked good. Not sure if I will get a chance to find out this season though. But would like to try some on my favorite test media Feral Hogs.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli