I shot two antelope with the 143 ELD-x out of a 6.5 SAUM at 3100 fps MV.
First was an antelope buck at 319 yards. Bullet entered the on side shoulder took out one lung and had a little shrapnel in the off side lung, just enough to kill it.
The buck ran about 80 yards and fell over dead.

The second was a doe antelope out of same weapon at 464 yards broadside. Bullet entered just a hair forward of the crease and created a giant entry wound. The doe went about 50 yards on three legs then stood for about 20-30 seconds before falling over dead.

So I suppose you could say they worked but I wasn't too impressed.

I was intentionally trying to hit the shoulder to test them and see what would happen if they hit the shoulder by mistake.

They were very accurate in my rifle and I wanted them to work out but after the two antelope I went back to 140 vld's in this rifle.

Next animal was a 2.5 year old muley buck at 445 yards just behind the shoulder. Deer dropped on impact and rolled down a small hill dead instantly. Typical berger performace, small entrance, destroyed internal organs and lodged under skin on the off side shoulder.

Here is the entrance on the doe antelope after removing the shoulder.

[Linked Image]

Here is the recovered Berger vld from the Muley

[Linked Image]

I gave the ELD-X an honest try but after the results from the first two impacts on live animals I could not justify using them at these speeds.

Probably killed over 40 animals with 130 and 140 vld's from 6.5 creedmoor and 6.5 SAUM with speeds from 2690 to 3100 MV and ranges from 30 yards to over 500 yards. I can't remember one animal going more than 40 yards after being hit and some of the hits were not great. Most drop dead on impact.