I have a K&S full length insert barrel (http://www.einstecklauf.de/)in caliber 6X52R Bretschneider in my 16/70-7X75R SE vom Hofe combination gun. It turns it into what the Germans refer to as a Bergstutzen, or mountain carbine, with two rifle barrels of different calibers. The vom Hofe cartridge is a long range caliber roughly equivalent to a 7mm Remington Magnum, formed from 9.3X74R cartridge cases, while the Bretschneider is in intermediate between the 5.6X52R (22 Savage High Power) and the 6.5X52R (.25-35 Winchester).

K&S make insert barrels in calibers ranging from .17 Hornet to .45-70 Government.

The adjustments at the muzzle allow the insert barrel to be set up so that its point of impact coincides with the rifle barrel at a given range. I can choose between a short range caliber and a long range caliber, both sighted in with the same scope, simply by switching from one trigger to the other. The action in my Krieghoff Ulm Primus is a very strong one and accommodates a set of double rifle barrels in 9.3X74R as well.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by xausa; 12/30/16.