I formerly lived in New Mexico for 10 years off and on. Trigger time and targets where commonplace. Jackrabbits, cotton tails and coyotes. I longed for a 204 when they first came out. I goofed with the 17 HMR a short time. Shot 2 coyotes with it. Have my own opinion. Great for Fox....

In Washington we have a .22 centerfire minimum for cougar. Which keeps my calling rifles to .223, .223 AI or .243 just "in case" to be legal. My good buddy shot a cougar yesterday and I see 1-5 per year...so it's not a Pipe Dream.

But I still have that 204 itch that has never been scratched. Someone posted a link to CDNN lefties that close out on occasion. Some stainless American's in there for $299 that are almost too hard to pass up. But I did see a Hawkeye in 204 for $499.

Got me thinking again.

Any down side to the 204 specifically in that Hawkeye config? I'll google the twist etc shortly. I've owned a few LH Rugers. They're just OK. Prefer them over Savage for a factory rig. Accuracy has been hit or miss in my experience.

This sized bolt face a decent once for potential builds down the road too I'd guess?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....