Originally Posted by high_country_
Not that the partition would not work perfectly, but the bc is not even in the hunt, so you would have to rethink every shot or burn the parts on rocks and gongs all year. Half of the allure of the match bullets is the consistency, the other is price. You can afford to burn hundreds all year and doing so builds confidence which contributes to a proficient rifleman.

The BC of the 140 Partition isn't great compared to the amazing BCs of some of the 6.5 bullets, but it's still not that bad. You'd have to be shooting pretty far to say the 140 Partition makes that much of a difference or that you would have to make sighting shots. For example, I get just over 2720 with 140gn bullets in the creed. Comparing the 143 ELD-X and 140 Partition, the difference in windage at 300yds (10mph x wind) is only 1.6". Elevation is only .7" off. At 500 it's still ~4" each way. Again that is compared to the exceptional 143 ELD-X. Clearly the 143 is the choice for going real far, but for the vast majority of shooting the 140 Partition would be a great choice and a 140 Partition out of a Creed would compare favorably to many other cartridge/bullet combos. I'm more surprised that the Partition and Accubond are so close. .490 vs. .509 as published. Since I only intend to shoot deer with the creed, I've been playing with the 125 Partition at just over 2900.