Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by GSPfan
Negative wind chill numbers here for four straight days even the dog doesn't want to go out. I got the press back from Mec so it's time to load 16ga shells.

Gunner where in Africa are you going? I'd love to go back with the pre 64 300 H&H and 375 but the 416 Taylor worked wonders for me of almost everything the last trip.

I'm going to get out of this ice box in about three weeks as I go to Georgia for a Quail hunt. After the 16's get loaded it's time for 410's and 28's.

GSP, I'll either be in the three corners area of North South Africa, or up in Mozambique, the two H&H's are definite contenders for the hunt, but so is the 50 Sharps. grin

My VZ-24 mauser in 416 fires the 400 gr Partitions at a cool 2400 fps with CFE-223 powder, it's very accurate, and I have to believe it to be very effective on ALL game worldwide save Ele.

Sounds like you have mucho fun on the way gunning birds with many different gauges, I need to explore this hobby if/when I get a little more refined. shocked laugh

Change the Partition for a good 400 gr solid and you have an elephant rifle.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken