I think any of the iron or steel single stage presses are good. I still have a gray Lyman Spartan that was probably made when I was born in the 1950's. Got it at a gunshow for $25 in the mid 1980's Still straight, still makes accurate ammo.
I also have an newer 1990s RCBS. I use it less and less these day. The open front on the Spartan is just quicker.
As a note on Lee; I broke one of the aluminum "C" presses in the 1980's forming 30-30 cases into 219 Donaldson Wasp. It really wasn't made for that abuse. The Lee iron "O" style press probably wouldn't have broken. I picked up the used cast iron Lyman Spartan to replace the Lee. Lee would have replaced it, but I figured I really voided the spirit of the warranty.
The Lee hand press is handy if you want a mobile reloading kit for work up at the range. I've had one of those seemingly forever, too.

Just to add, I've been happy with the Lee products I have and if starting again, I'd get a Challenger press kit. Half my dies are Lees, and I have Lee Factory Crimp dies for 223, 257 Roberts, 308, 8 x 57, 30-06, 45-70, 38,/357, 44 Spec/Mag, 45 ACP,.......