What I've found true more often than not is that one bipod just doesn't work for everything. When out for a day of chasing critters, I consider the terrain I'm going to be hunting in and bring along a couple different bipods for the different situations I may find myself in.

For shooting rock chucks or sagerats on flat terrain or alfalfa fields that have been mowed, I need to stay prone for long periods so not to spook the targets. The 6-9 works great for that . If the grass is a bit deeper or the critters are in deeper grass, the 9-13 also comes along. In rolling terrain, where you find yourself sneaking over a rise to shoot and the rifle is on the downhill side, you may need a bit more lift to get into position. In the fall when the grass is tall or you are shooting in sage or downed trees, juniper, snowberry, or the like you need to be at a minimum sitting or kneeling to get above the obstructions. Depending on your stature and the terrain, a 12-25 or a 13-27 may be appropriate or maybe a longer monopod or shooting sticks for standing erect for shooting over tall obstacles. The S (swivel) models are even better but add a substantial expense to the collection.

I've tried them all and can tell you there is no perfect solution in one bipod at the moment. I guess that is one of the reasons I almost always carry a day pack- extra gear like bipods, spotters, and ammo mostly. Also, a place to carry a lunch, water, emergency supplies, and a place to carry my coat when the dawn 25 degree temps turn into 90 degree + temps in the afternoon when you are still shooting- if you've carried enough ammo! smile

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.