Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by boatboy
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by shootinurse
This if you want light, short, and accurate: http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/16LWH

Haven't decided to jump on the Creedmore bandwagon just yet, but if I do, it won't be with a Savage.

Can you explain your statement? Why?

Hank

I look at Savage firearms the same way I do Dodge cars and trucks, and I don't intend to own either of them. I understand they shoot good, but so do other brands. They're ugly, and I've never handled one that I thought "felt good". A man once told me about the benefits of having a pretty wife, rather than an ugly wife.....the ugly one can probably do anything the pretty one can, but the pretty one is a helluva lot better to look at. Part of my thinking probably goes back to when Savage turned out cheap stuff. Now, I will admit that I wouldn't mind owning an early model 99. I've always thought they were cool rifles.

Thats fair Thanks for taking the time to respond
I have a few Savages and I really like most inc a lightweight hunter in 6.5 shoots very well I have an old police heavy barrel 223 shoots great ALL my Savages shoot better than I do
I admitt I hate two things about them
First some models especially rimfires Syn stocks are less than par OK I will give you that a member here has a model 25 just a couple weeks ago I really was interested but I remembered that the last 25 I had I traded off for a Browning and missed the SOB was wood and I loved the stock didnt think I would be happy with the plastic in the end

Second THEY WENT PC and CHANGED THIER LOGO
WTF PC people dont buy rifles anyway who the F are they trying to impress Sorry I went off the tracks

Gotta find balance with pretty wives (mine is very) but too pretty can be a real pain in the azz sometimes. Maybe your too young to remember the song HAHA

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 01/15/17.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member