Originally Posted by jdollar
A good leopard hunt will cost at least 12+k(usually more) over bait and about 18-20k with hounds. I had 2 unsuccessful bait hunts before the hound hunt. And that isn't an unusual situation unless you spend serious money on a premium area/outfitter

jdollar,
I think you are a little out with those figures. There is no doubt that you get Leopard hunts, and then you get Leopard hunts, as I am sure you know seeing that you had two unsuccessful baited hunts. Were all of these hunts, including the hound hunt, all with the same outfitter?
Leopard hunts is without a doubt the single most hunt that hunters get taken for a ride on.
Trying to go cheap, could end up becoming a very expensive holiday or plains game hunt. On bait, the lowest I have seen recently is $17,000. Depending on area, these hunts over bait can go out to $28,000, I've seen. The cheapest Leopard hunt with hounds that I have, from a trusted area and operator is in Zimbabwe was in the region of $26,000, and I also saw this going out to $36,000.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]