I am in the group that finds little use for things over 10X or so in the hunting field.

Because of the exit pupil that you can get with a 40mm or 50mm obj I don't see a lot benefit in low light at real high magnifications.

There are a few uses for a little more magnification. I do hunt one place that has a 8 point or $1500 fine policy and a lot of the hunting is done on these cuts where you have just a couple of seconds to count and decide to shoot or not. No time for bios or a spotter so a good scope with a little more mag is a nice compromise. Truthfully it is a pretty specialized application because in most hunting circumstances I don't have to make a point count its more a quick realization of that is something I would like to shoot and 10x is more than enough for that.

Add in that its one thing to count points on a what you know is a deer with a scope, its not for glassing unknown targets.

Of course more mag has its uses at the range when shooting groups or extended range, but even then it takes pretty unusual conditions to for me to make real benefit of anything exceeding 20x.

Although I have a few scopes above 14X, the vast majority of my scopes are fixed 4x33, 6x36 or 6x42.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge