When I worked in a gun store part time many years ago, I about beat a nut to death that thought he knew everything. What a loud mouth.

He did not know how to FILL a magazine for a rimmed cartridge. I took a box of 22 long rifles, and asked him to load a magazine. He was all fast fingers and bitching. I had to show him than magazines for rim fires had to be loaded slowly and carefully to UN load them rapidly through shooting the pistol.

So: when you load a mag are you carefully making certain that you are placing each rim of the cartridge in front of the one under it?

Carefully load a magazine with longrifle ammo. Hold the pistol below the trigger, point the weapon in a safe direction or backstop. Pull the slide all the way to the rear and release it. A semiauto is made to feed by the slide's action by itself. Put two rounds in the mag and see if they feed. Gradually up the number loaded until you have a full magazine.

A rimmed pistol magazine has a slant to it for a reason. To stack the rounds you put into it so they will feed. If the only thing you have shot is a 9MM or a 45ACP this is not the same. Try stacking a dozen rounds on a table top as I described. You will see what I mean.

If I am wrong about this I am sorry. One never knows, and I am not trying to be smart or demeaning to you. We all have Oh shucks moments.

Good luck.