I have land in Price co . Wis . so I am interested in this subject. I dont think feeding the deer is a good idea this late in the year. If they are not in good enough shape now, they most likely are a weaker gene pool and sometimes I think this is mother natures way of keeping the toughest , healthiest deer in the herd. It also may over populate with s subsistence of food and over browse some tree species. In Price co. there is not a cedar tree that is not 50 yrs old. White pine get browsed to death there. The neighbors feed them all the time too , thinking a hay bale is going to help when the winter gets long. I believe their best friend id a chainsaw this time of year, and next year there will be young poplars by the millions . This is what we need in northern WIs, Mi. and Minn. One time I found a dead fawn buck in March on my neighbors yard up north. There was nothing wrong with it , no bullets , no nuthing. I can only conclude it ate too much grass cause of a very fast snow melt that year. It was a time when there were just too many deer and little browse in the woods. You are most likely better off leaving them alone, or shoot a coyote. Later, Ihookem. Also, the snow is getting deep in some places but the winter will most likely be a short one and 40 degree temps are called for most of this week. It is summer time for those deer. Laying in the sun with those coats, you could put a thermometer on their backs and it would be 70 in the sun.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23