Another one that been there and done that with the gold bead/V and would not do it again.

I didn't specify what sights I wanted on a custom .41 Gary Reeder I ordered and it came with a Freedom Arms gold bead front and Ruger V notch rear. For me it was very difficult to hold the correct vertical alignment between the front and rear sights. Put a One-Ragged-Hole aperture on the rear and that was better. Eventually changed out to a Freedom Arms Green FO front and Bowen rear replacement sight and it is excellent.

The Ruger Single-Six Hunter also comes with a fine gold bead front and V rear. Moved the One-Ragged-Hole aperture to the rear of that one and it works ok...problem with that setup is no one makes a replacement front blade for the gun... The MKIII Hunters also come with a V notch rear but FO fronts...I just changed the rear to a w/o notch and can align everything fine...

If your S&W 57/.41 has a blade that is pinned to the sight base it can be changed out for a fiber optic front. Mackay Sagebrush has one on a 5" .44 Magnum and it is easy to see...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....