I am new here and not sure if I should comment but I will.

1, What are you going to shoot with this rifle?
2, What is the estimated maximum range?

A long time ago I had a 264 and was never impressed with it. It required slower powders than were available and it never preformed like I wanted it to, todays slower powders make it a much better choice. If you are planning on hunting antelope, mountain goat, deer at long range or elk at medium range this would be my recommendation. I personally do not think mountain goat should be hunted with anything smaller or larger than a 300 magnum or 8mm Rem. My son in law uses a 264 for deer hunting in SE Saskatchewan.

I now have 3 6.5x55 rifles, 2 are weak Norwegian Krag rifles and the other is a M1896 Mauser. I love the 6.5x55 and it is a good mid to close range deer rifle and it will work on elk. The 260 is similar and is interesting and I almost had a 6.5-08 built before it came out.

The Nosler and Creedmore are interesting and if I was 20 years younger I would probably have one or both. They are both relatively new and I would be concerned about ammo and brass availability, I hunt with a 284 and brass can be hard to find at times. The Nosler brass will be hard to make but Creedmore brass can be made from 308 or 300 Savage. Both are between the 6.5x55/260 and the 264 and would be good choices for mid range deer and elk but I would recommend the Creedmore over the rebated rim Nosler. Both of these are close to 270/280.

Recoil in any 6.5 should be a non issue.

I hope my rambling did not confuse you

Last edited by Keta; 01/21/17.