I normally just sit back and listen in on the conversations here and learn from all the knowledgeable folks on this list but this time I've got a question/would like some advice from some other Colorado elk hunters.

Here's our situation- my 71 year old father (we're both non-residents) has 17 points for CO (I have 18 points now). His health probably isn't good enough (major back surgery/knee replacement) to be able do a very strenuous wilderness hunt like we have done in the past. He's still wanting to go elk hunting but at this point doesn't care too much about a trophy. We will be looking at some potential outfitters to help him out with parts of the hunt.

Here's my need for advice/opinions- I have the time to wait (at least) several more years for the really top units but he may not. I'd like to do a muzzleloader hunt where he can use his points to at least try to harvest a nice bull while just going along on the hunt and either getting a OTC cow tag and not losing my points or just getting to experience one more elk hunt with my father and getting to help out with packing/camp duties (not hunting). Do outfitters allow something like that? I want him to hunt and want to be there for the memories whether I'm hunting or not. We've always hunted ourselves and never used an outfitter but I think I'm gonna need help to make this happen.

We've done some initial research and scouting in 66/40/76 and just getting started on 61 but at this point he's wanting to just go hunting and may not want to wait for those units. Any advice on other units we should maybe look at for a situation like this/potential outfitters in those areas? Sorry for the long post. Thanks for any advice.