Finally getting around to share this. First of all, I need to come clean and say that the avatar I've been using is not mine, but my son's that he got in August in the Wrangells.

He came back and got started on it. Basically, let the flies lay eggs and then the maggots ate most of the brain matter (Mmmmmm, brain). After that, he took my pressure washer and hosed/cleaned as much as he could. He tried calling the local taxi, who never returned the call.

[Linked Image]

Note that the nose got beat up pretty good in the tumble the ram took. I could have used another day in the drink, but we had to get back to town. At this point, YouTube was my friend. I learned that you had to remove the horns from the skull as there is connective tissue. So it did some soaking and boiling and finally got them off.

[Linked Image]

I got super duper lucky as one of the teeth fell out and I did not realize it until later. It did not fall thru the cracks in the back deck and would have been almost impossible to find if it did.

Here's the disassembly on the back of my truck - at that blueish-green stuff is from a bullet jacket. Kid shot him thru the base of the skull and the bullet lodged in the skull and horn.

[Linked Image]