Originally Posted by Brad
I guess, given that, why spend more for the heavier, bulkier, more expensive 6x42?

To answer your question,I guess I could think of a few. One, if your (buyer's) eyes can see a difference and you prefer that, that could be a reason. Two, if your (buyer's) eyes can utilize and notice the larger exit pupil, that could be a reason. Three, if you like the look of that scope better, that could be a legitimate reason. Four, although I don't see it, what you refer to as the "much vaunted "eye box" superiority of the 6x42 (by others, not you) clearly exists to others and if it exists to a buyer, that would be a reason. Finally, if you can find a good deal on one and you're able to carry the extra weight without hurting yourself or don't care about the extra weight when you find a good deal, I suppose, that could be a legitimate reason.

I will agree that, if your criteria involves a lack of a need or desire about anything contained herein and you care about the extra couple of ounces, then, by all means, as you said earlier OP, "steer clear". I've been pretty lucky though. There are so many things on this forum that so many experts on this forum say to "steer clear of" that have worked for me.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 01/22/17.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ