In Texas, because we were once a nation, we have very little public lands to hunt. Most of our hunting is on yearly 'leases' or paying a daily fee plus a fee for the animal killed. Prices can vary tremendously. Leases start around $1000-1500,with a good chance of killing several does and some kind of buck. The sky is the limit. I can usually get a couple of days hunting and a couple of does for $500-$600. This includes a couple of nights in a ranch house and supper It also includes one free pig. The price is the same for pig hunting in the off season. One place charges $1800 for a 3day hunt a 120 B&C buck including room and board.
Most of our hunting is done from stands, often called outhouse blinds. These can go from basic to elaborate. Most stands offer a two inch window still for a rest. Some offer an elbow rest. We generally hunt over corn feeders or spread corn. Some are shot from trucks, often called 'safari' style. In East Texas and The Hill Country, most feeders are around 100yds from the blind. Shots vary but are seldom over 200yds. In west and south Texas the distances are a little farther. Deer are shot farther, but most are under 300yds. My farthest shot to date is around 300yds. Most of my shots have been under 200yds. As I am now mainly a meet hunter, I try to keep my shots to 100yds or less.
This got a little more elaborate than I intended. I Would enjoy hearing how you hunt.

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds.

If you are a hunter, and farther than that, get closer!