Thinking of replacing/supplementing my .308 with a Creed. Of course, online and mag reviews rarely complain and never give the pertinent info, although about every rifle tested seems quite accurate.

I'm looking to keep it under/about $1k.

I really want the new Tikka Superlite but none of the SW have them yet and I can't order online... frown

Don't want to play Kimber roulette so they're pretty much out...

Anyone have info on the Tikka CTR mag length and throat length vis-a-vis COAL (with the longer 140+ grainers)?

How about the Ruger FTW? Again mag length and throat?

I've been eyeballing a Ruger American Predator and wondering if I should just go 'cheap' from the get-go? They seem to get good marks for accuracy. Do they feed and hold up alright? Again, mag box length and throat? Is the box easily modifiable like the Tikka?
I don't want to have to add an aftermarket trigger and stock thus defeating the whole 'cheap' purpose.

Those are the three I've been eyeballing. Let me know your info and suggestions and why.

Also, not looking at 9+ lbs porkers so no RPR, Predators, target models, etc.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...