As someone who skews maybe slightly younger than some on here I missed many of the printed editions of classic gunwriters. It would be highly useful for those of us who missed out to see those republished for e-readers.

For myself, I would have to say David Petzal was important. He disabused me of many years of bad habits and misconceived notions in a highly literate style with a great dry sense of humor along the way. His thoughts on barrel length (go short) and recoil (avoid as much as possible) have always proven true for me.

I also enjoy Craig Boddington, who as others have mentioned may have less to do with raw technical data and more to do with great story telling and a generally warm and conversational tone.

Finally, Steven Rinella's work has been highly influential as well. History, biology, conservation, great hunting stories, cooking tips...he does it all. He will probably be remembered as one of my generation's most eminent outdoor writers.

Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

The Fire is a great place to swap lies and info... blush

Better than an article or a book; it's interactive, not static.

DF

I agree. I have learned tons on my short time on here and gotten to know some great folks. Very thankful for the opportunity provided.